Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player No. 1 by the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) since 4 July 2011. He is a UNICEF ambassador in Serbia. he started his foundation "The Novak Djokovic Foundation" in November 2007. The foundation helps with various projects such as early education and care for ill children in Djokovic's native Serbia earlier they did supported and help many projects including financing the upkeep of Serbian monasteries and churches (considered to be national and cultural historic monuments), donating sanitary vehicles to war torn Kosovo communities, providing financial support to kids who lost their parents in war, providing financial support to several young children in Serbia with health problems to go abroad to receive the best medical care possible.
The Novak Djokovic Foundation having core team of 13 people runs many projects and campaigns very activitly, Projects actualized on the territory of the Republic of Serbia, Educational and infrastructural projects concerning education, Projects focused on the improvement of conditions of elementary education, and many projects are on can ben seen here . Novak Djokovic launches online shop for charity.
in 2013, Novak Djokovic Foundation raise £1.2 million for children's charity.
Career: Tennis Player
- Best Male Tennis Player in Serbia. 2006 to 2012
- DSL Sport Golden Badge 2007, 2010, 2011
- Best Sportsman by OCS 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013
- BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year 2011
- GQ ACE of the Year 2011
- AIPS Athletes of the Year 2011
- Golden Bagel Award 2011, 2012, 2013
- The 'Prix Bourgeon' Award 2007
- ATP Most Improved Player of the Year 2006, 2007
- ATP Player of the Year 2011, 2012
- Best Grand Slam / Davis Cup / Olympic Match of the Year 2011, 2012, 2013
- Best ATP World Tour Match of the Year 2011, 2012, 2013
- ITF World Champion 2011, 2012, 2013
- United States Sports Academy Male Athlete of the Year 2011
- Laureus World Sports Award for Sportsman of the Year 2012
- Best Male Tennis Player ESPY Award 2012, 2013
- US Open Series Champion 2012
- Arthur Ashe Humanitarian of the Year 2012
- Award Pride of the Nation by Serbia Tennis Federation
- Davis Cup Commitment Award
Novak Djokovic was born on May 22, 1987, in Belgrade, Serbia. he was playing tennis since when he was just at age of 4,he joined Pilic Academy at age of 13 for professional tennis training in Munich, Germany. and jumped into international tenis world in 2001. He won 5 At ITF tournaments in age of 16 and became the 40th best junior tennis player. Djokovic led the Serbian national team in 2010 and won first Davis Cup.
he was always supported by his family, Father Srdjan and mother Dijana owned the company Family Sports, which had three restaurants and a tennis academy. Djokovic's father, uncle and aunt were all professional skiers, and his father was a extremely well player of soccer, but Djokovic was interested and having good skills in tennis.
Djokovic played the semifinals of the French Open and Wimbledon In the 2007. He won this match and 2nd time he was entitled as masters in Montreal, beating the Top 3 players—Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Andy Roddick, which made him No. 3 in the world. 2008 Beijing Olympics he won bronze medal in singles tennis. Djokovic went on to win 43 matches in a row in 2011, the only player in the world to achieve such a run and in same year, he won Wimbledon and became the world's No. 1 tennis player.