The Mission of Leo Messi Foundation is to support youths who are in high risk circumstances all over the world. Leo Messi has been motivated to create this Foundation with the idea that all children should have the same opportunities for making their dreams come true. Since 2007 the foundation has worked tirelessly to touch as many lives as possible. With the support of his family he has been able to make his dreams a reality through this foundation.
Career: Soccer Player ~ Left Footed
Current Team: FC Barcelona ~ Forward
- Liga BBVA: (FCB) 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2012; Spain Super Cup: (FCB) 2006, 2007, 2010, 2012;
- UEFA Champions League: (FCB) 2006, 2009, 2010
- FIFA Ballon d’Or: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012.
- ESPY 2012 Award: Best International Athlete. UEFA Best Player 2011.
- IFFHS World Top Goal Scorer 2011, 2012 (Guinness Record)
- Argentina National 2005 FIFA U-20 World Cup Champion & Olympic Gold Medal 2008 with Argentina.
- Club Team: Copa del Rey: (FCB) 2009, 2012; (FCB) European Super Cup: 2010;
- FIFA Club World Cup: Finalist 2014 in Brazil.
Born June 24th 1987, Leo Messi is an Argentine footballer that currently plays in FC Barcelona and the Argentina National Team. Considered one of the best football players in his generation and frequently cited as the world’s best contemporary players, Messi has received several Ballon d’Or and FIFA World Player of the Year nominations by the age of 21. His playing style and ability have drawn comparisons to Diego Maradona, who himself declared Messi his “successor”.