Alejandro Sanz (and Rafa Nadal) will meet with a group of unemployed young people at the Madrid Convention Center as the Government announces that more than 930,000 young people are still struggling to find work in the Spanish marketplace.
The Celebrity Ambassadors take part in The Program, a live web-streamed Q&A to inspire young people facing barriers such as unemployment, poverty and homelessness.
No matter how difficult things have been in this country, the most important thing we can say to young people now is not to give up hope – there is support out there to help you get where you want to be.
We hope that The Program helps to raise awareness of the charity’s work and inspires more young people to get the support they need to succeed.
Let’s help the disadvantaged youths
What We Do:
1. The funding aims to grow the The Program, helping more vulnerable young people to achieve their potential.
2. Three in four young people supported by IdolStarFan move into work, education or training.
3. Get partner companies employees behind the program. For example, a Banco Santander trainee, takes part in one of a series of ‘day in the life’ events, which can be held at IdolStarFan Center across the Spain, to give bank employees an idea of what the charity is all about.
4. The program helps marginalized and disengaged young people who face a range of issues and barriers in their lives.
5. The aim of the program is for young people to gain personal and social skills needed to stabilize their life circumstances and ensure that their situation does not degenerate further, as well as the confidence and motivation they need to move into a positive outcome (education, employment, training or volunteering).
The program can make you realize that if you put your mind to it, you can achieve whatever you want and you don’t have to be afraid of anything.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Spectrum of Programs:
• The MS Office program begins with a five day course. It’s specifically designed for young people who may have struggled with more structured programs and is delivered using challenging, adventurous activities including a few days away from home at an outdoor residential venue.
• Young people choose from a wide variety of Follow On Courses to develop personal and social skills that are practiced in a range of relevant life situations as the young person moves through the program.
• Young people receive one-to-one support from a dedicated staff team in ISF Center, which helps them to get the most from the experience.
• The program continues for as long as it’s needed and, once ready, young people are supported in Moving On to a positive step or outcome.
• Microsoft (MS Office tools).
• Banco Santander (All range programs).
• Goldman Sachs (Small business programs)
• Air Europa (All range programs).
• Telefónica (All range programs).
• Nike (All range programs).
• Public Institutions.
• TripAdvisor Foundation.
• IdolStarFan Foundation.