Most recently he has set up a platform where he compiles all the Causes he actively supports. Please find all of them here: www.lafuerzadelcorazon.net also contact them via firstname.lastname@example.org for any joint action of support to the ones in need.
He has also contributed to the Campaign for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) which is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Watch his ALS Bucket Challenge
Alejandro has supported extensive number of Foundations like the Victims in the Philippines with https://serhumano.msf.es/. Also his latest expedition this year alongside Greenpeace to lobby for Save the Arctic project, to bring to light the effects of global warming as their Ambassador: Save The Arctic
Additionally En Nuestras Manos, that helps train young Mexicans that have been affected by violence and enable them to develop in the work market, at the same time he has supported ALAS Foundation is a movement dedicated to the children in Latin America, continuous commitment to comprehensive Early Childhood Development programs for the children.
Alejandro has supported directly many organizations like Doctors without Boarders (Médicos Sin Fronteras), also creating an album “Positive Generation” to fight pediatric AIDS in Zimbabwe and Save The Children.
* 2017 Latin Grammy Person Of The Year (November in Las Vegas)
* 2017 Gold Medal of the Community of Madrid, Spain.
* 2016 Latin Grammy Best Long Form Music Video
* 2015 Latin Grammy for Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album.
* 2013 Latin Grammy for Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album.
* Latin Grammy for Album of the Year 2001, 2002 and 2004.
* 2011 Alejandro has been honored with the Spanish Ministry for Culture’s Gold Medal of Merit in Fine Arts.
* The White House Vision Award for his charity work.
* ASCAP Award (American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers) for his extense contribution to Latin music.
* Spanish Artist with most Grammys: Has won a total of 15 Latin Grammy Awards and 3 Grammy Awards
* Premios Oye! 2013 and many nominations
* November 2013, Alejandro received an Honorary Doctorate Degree from Berklee College of Music, the most prestigious and largest private music school in the world, recognizing his enduring contributions to international culture and music. Previous recipients include artists Aretha Franklin, Tony Bennett, Duke Ellington and Paco de Lucía, among others.
Born in Madrid, Spain, this singer-songwriter is one of the most recognized artists at international level. Throughout his career, he has released a total of eight studio albums and six DVDs. The singer is noted for his flamenco-influenced ballads began playing guitar at age seven, taking influence from his family’s flamenco roots. Released his debut album at age sixteen. His release, “La Música No Se Toca,” debuted at number one in 18 countries. His latest release Sirope has compiled over 200 live shows across the planet. In June 24th, 2017 he performed in Madrid for a 20 year anniversary of his Album Más with over 20 guest artists such as Juan Luis Guerra, Juanes, David Bisbal, Niña Pastori, India Martinez...