The latest contribution has been the participation in the Campaign for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) which is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord. Watch his ALS Bucket Challenge
Alejandro has supported extensive number of Foundations like the Victims in the Philippines with https://serhumano.msf.es/. Also his latest expedition this year alongside Greenpeace to lobby for Save the Arctic project, to bring to light the effects of global warming as their Ambassador: Save The Arctic
Additionally En Nuestras Manos, that helps train young Mexicans that have been affected by violence and enable them to develop in the work market, at the same time he has supported ALAS Foundation is a movement dedicated to the children in Latin America, continuous commitment to comprehensive Early Childhood Development programs for the children.
Alejandro has supported directly many organizations like Doctors without Boarders (Médicos Sin Fronteras), also creating an album “Positive Generation” to fight pediatric AIDS in Zimbabwe and Save The Children.
* 2015 Latin Grammy for Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album.
* 2013 Latin Grammy for Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album.
* Latin Grammy for Album of the Year 2001, 2002 and 2004.
* 2011 Alejandro has been honored with the Spanish Ministry for Culture’s Gold Medal of Merit in Fine Arts.
* The White House Vision Award for his charity work.
* ASCAP Award (American Society of Composers, Authors & Publishers) for his extense contribution to Latin music.
* Spanish Artist with most Grammys: Has won a total of 15 Latin Grammy Awards and 3 Grammy Awards
* Premios Oye! 2013 and many nominations
In November 2013, Alejandro received an Honorary Doctorate Degree from Berklee College of Music, the most prestigious and largest private music school in the world, recognizing his enduring contributions to international culture and music. Previous recipients include artists Aretha Franklin, Tony Bennett, Duke Ellington and Paco de Lucía, among others.
Born in Madrid, Spain, this singer-songwriter is one of the most recognized artists at international level. Throughout his career, he has released a total of eight studio albums and six DVDs. The singer is noted for his flamenco-influenced ballads began playing guitar at age seven, taking influence from his family’s flamenco roots. Released his debut album at age sixteen. His latest release, “La Música No Se Toca,” debuted at number one in 18 countries.